Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Parhelion

The Wikipedia definition says that “a sundog is an atmospheric phenomenon that creates bright spots of light in the sky, often on a luminous ring or halo on either side of the sun”. You can read more about sundog in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog.This picture was shot from the terrace of the apartment in Electronic city phase 2 in Bangalore where I was living for a while. I noticed this when I was just walking on the terrace of the apartment on a normal evening. This was the first time I was witnessing this phenomenon, before that I had seen the pictures of sundog in the “Astronomy Picture of the Day” website of NASA. I ran back to my apartment to get hold of my camera so that I could take pictures before it vanished.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment